Board of Director (Profile):
LSO has an independent and well reputed board of directors that lead the organization strategic direction, governance, contribution to fund raising, supervision and accountability. As first of its kind in Afghanistan, an experienced, representative and proactive board of director has been established to govern, oversee and promote LSO that ensure the success of this organization becoming a respected and legitimate force for development of community and disadvantaged group.
- Zakia Rezaie (Chair of Board): Ms.Zakia Rezaie is the chair of LSO board. She was born and raised in Daikundi province. She has a master degree in law and political science. Ms.Rezaie has had an experience of more than ten years in women rights and gender equality. She worked with Ministry of Women Affair as computer’s operator and MoU manager in her early career. She was later appointed as the Director of Directorate of Women Affairs in Daikundi and Bamyan provinces. She served as a head of Daikundi Directorate of Women Affair from 2013 to 2019 and she was later appointed as a director of Bamyan Directorate of Women Affair in Jun-2019 to 15 August 2021. She joint LSO board of director on March, 1st, 2022. She can be reached at email@example.com, Mobile: 0766701663.
- Zakir Amiri (LSO Executive Director and Secretary of Board): Zakir Hussain Amiri graduated from medical faculty, Balkh University in 1999. Dr.Zakir has served vulnerable families including mother and children for more than 20 years in central highland region of Afghanistan through community based healthcare, nutrition and livelihood security. For this end, he worked as a doctor in community based health care centers with support from Action against hunger and Bakhtar Development Network (BDN) from 2001 to 2009. He also advocated for well-being and improvement of vulnerable families lives in rural villages of Daikundi province, attracted a number of international organizations and central government’s support to invest in the health, education and agriculture sector in Daikundi province. His advocacy has not only been limited to advancement of lives in Daikundi, but he was also nominated for Afghan parliamentary election twice on behalf of people of Daikundi province in 2006 and 2010 to be true voice of people in Afghan government. In both elections, he got a good number of the votes (more than 6,000 ballots). Given the needs of communities and in order to reach out the poor, Zakir Amiri realized that he can support needy people more if he establish an organization himself, so, he along with a number of likeminded youth registered LSO with the ministry of economy of Afghanistan in 2010. Since then, he has served hundreds of communities in Daikundi and Bamyan provinces. Mr.Amiri can be reached at Zakir.Amiri@laborspring.org.af, +93 77 238 483 4.
- Benazir Jafari (Member of Board): Ms.Benazir Jafari is a board member of LSO. She was born and raised in Daikundi province. She graduated from Faculty of Law, Nasir Khusraw University. Ms.Jafari has an experience of more than seven years advocating for women rights and children in rural areas of Daikundi province. She was law manager in Directorate of Women Affair for five years, as well as she served as head of Directorate of Women Affair in Nili, Daikundi province. She joint LSO’s board of director January 2022. She has been an active been member of board, made significant contribution to organization’s human rights achievement and strategic planning and fundraising. Ms.Jafari can be reached firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: +93767930346.
- Mr.Arif Arifi (Member of Board) graduated from English Literature, Kabul University in 2017. He has a history of great services with civil society organizations involved in many voluntary activities and civic participation. He has been an active member of Afghan Shelter Network (ASN) and Afghan Women Network (AWN). He worked with many NGOs and Government entities including Ministry of Mine and Petroleum of Islamic Republic of Afghaistan. He joint LSO’s board of director on 1st, Jan 2022. She can be reached at: email@example.com. Phone: +93 (0) 0777762111.
- Mohammad Jawid Barak is a board member of LSO. He was born in Kandahar, Afghanistan. He studied bachelor of agriculture in Salam University. He obtained MBA from Kardan University. He works in AKF and has a working experience of 10 years in development and capacity building of NGOs and civil society organizations in central highland region of Afghanistan. He joint LSO’s board director on January 1st, 2022. Mr.Barak can be reached: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: +93 (0) 793872421.